AREAS OF PRACTICE
Mr. Buckingham’s practice focuses primarily on four areas:
Business & Commercial Litigation
Business and commercial disputes can take many forms, but they may be generally classified as internal or external.
Examples of external disputes:
- Contract disputes
- Business injuries and economic torts
- Tortious interference
- Wrongful use and disclosure of trade secrets
- Violation of non-disclosure agreements
- Trademark infringement
- Unfair competition and trade practices
Examples of internal disputes:
- Partnership disputes
- Shareholder disputes
- Minority shareholder oppression
- Other disputes among equity owners
Mr. Buckingham has handled matters involving both briefing and oral argument before the appellate courts of South Carolina and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Matters with a Constitutional Dimension
Examples of matters with a Constitutional Dimension that Mr. Buckingham has handled are:
- State and Federal Jurisdiction
- Federal Contracts Clause
- First Amendment/Freedom of Speech and defamation
- First Amendment/Freedom of Religion
- Sixth Amendment/Right to Confront Accusers
- Sixth Amendment/Right to Adequate Legal Representation
- Eighth Amendment/Right to Be Free from Cruel and Unusual Punishment
- Equal Protection under the State and Federal Constitutions
- Due Process under the State and Federal Constitutions
- Voting Rights under the State and Federal Constitutions
Examples of employment disputes that Mr. Buckingham regularly handles are:
- Non-compete agreements
- Non-solicitation agreements
- Agreements regarding trade secrets
- Employment contracts
- Actions involving the payment of wages
South Carolina Bar
United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Fees for Mr. Buckingham’s services are generally calculated by the hour. Mr. Buckingham’s hourly rate is $375.
Depending on the matter and the circumstances, Mr. Buckingham is open to discussing alternative fee arrangements, including flat fees, contingency fees, and a hybrid of hourly and contingency fees.
If you have a particularly complex legal dispute, this firm may be the right fit for you.
For inquiries, complete the form below.
"*" indicates required fields